Ceramic Tile Floors – Cleaning And Sealed
First, we apply a pre-conditioner specifically made for the type of surface we are cleaning. For example, for marble we use a mild alkaline-based cleaner since an acid-based cleaner could etch the surface of the tiles. An acid-based cleaner is necessary, however to remove soap buildup on ceramic tiles.
We scrub the grout and s using a brush to release built-up soils. The main agitation is provided by our high-speed rotary cleaning machine which uses brushes to suspend and release soil.
3. Clean and Rinse
The rotary cleaning machine both agitates and rinses the tiles. It is attached to our truck-mounted steam cleaning unit, providing water at temperatures of 230 degrees and simultaneously removing all soil and water from the floor. The tile dries within a matter of minutes and can be walked on immediately.
All hard surface floors need to be sealed to prevent permanent staining. For ceramic tiles, we use water-based grout sealer. For stone floors, we use either water-based or solvent-based sealers, depending on the type of stone and traffic level.
Q. How much does it cost?
A. We offer the cleaning service for $0.50 per square foot. Sealing the floor can ranges between $0.50 and $3.00 per square foot depending on the type of sealer used and the number of coats applied.
Q. Can you clean vinyl or concrete floors?
A. Absolutely! We use cleaning agents and equipment properly suited for the surface to clean. We can seal floors with an acrylic wax or urethane finish.
This process is an excellent way of keeping your tile and stone looking new. You will be amazed at the difference once your floor has been properly cleaned. For high-use VCT or vinyl floors, such as in restaurants and offices, we recommend a pre-scheduled maintenance program to make keeping the floors in the best condition a worry-free procedure. Besides stripping and waxing the floors, we can buff the floors to help maintain their shine.
Vinyl And VCT Floors – Stripped & Waxing
ELITE MANAGEMENT JANITORIAL SERVICES STRIP & WAX FLOORS IN COMMERCIAL BUILDINGS EVERY DAY.10 YEARS OF PRACTICE SAVES YOU TIME AND MONEY.
Stripping and Waxing VCT floors is not as easy as some think. Multiple cleaning steps have to be performed, in a specific order, to restore these vinyl floors to a sparkeling, fresh and clean appearance. Prepping a floor properly is different for every job. Twenty coats of floor finish is typically equal to the thickness of a sheet of paper. Our clients trust Strategic’s technicians to properly strip & wax floors because they know we have the experience to get it done right the first time.
HOW DO YOU STRIP AND WAX A VCT FLOOR?
- Determine condition of floor – How dirty it is and how many coats of floor finish exists
- Remove all furnishings
- Sweep and dry mop the floor
- Choose the stripping cleaning solutions and equipment
- Apply the stripping solution to the floor and let it sit form 10 minutes to an hour
- Scrub the floor
- Wet vac the floor removing the emulsified floor finish
- Rinse the floor multiple times
- Apply 3 to 6 coats of floor finish
WHAT TYPES OF FLOORS CAN BE STRIPPED AND WAXED?
- VCT or Vinyl Composite Tile Flooring is the surface most commonly maintained by stripping and waxing.
- Rubber or Cork floors can be protected using specialized finishes
- Most other vinyl surfaces like LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tile) typically should not be waxed
ARE STRIPPING CLEANING SOLUTIONS ECO-FRIENDLY?
Most contractors use floor stripping products that are not odorless, so
- communication with the occupants
- the proper choice of stripping solutions
- proper machinery can make a big difference.
Most often you need to strip & wax floors in hallways, food service areas, bathrooms, classrooms, showrooms and service centers. If these floors are maintained properly they can help add to a healthy, germ free environment. Call Elite Management Janitorial Services today for your Free estimate. (215) 558-5252
Depending on the type of floor that the commercial area is fitted with, a different approach may be needed. Furthermore, different type of floors, such as natural stone, tiles, cork and rubber, require a special sealing and finish process. A sealer is a type of coating that will protect the flooring from stains, contaminants, and other types of grime. The sealing process does not only provide an extra layer of protection but also enhances the overall quality of the waxing process. Depending on the type of floor, up to 5 coats of wax may be applied for the best results.
Our experienced technicians are always ready to take on even the most demanding jobs, always working by the highest cleaning standards and under the guidance of the floor manufacturers.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF FINISHES THAT CAN BE USED FOR YOUR FLOORS:
- Is less expensive and less durable than polyurethane
- Will shows signs of wear after a short period of time
- Requires maintenance more often
- Requires a special chemical stripper in order to be removed
- Is more durable (up to five years if maintained correctly)
- Requires less maintenance
- Can be removed without chemical substances
- Is recommended by most floor manufacturers